Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Frustration kicking in...

Frustration is just a part of life, right? I know we all deal with it, and you just have to keep going but today was just one of those days where you feel like you take one step forward and three steps back. I keep trying though. That's all I can do. The transition from defense attorney back to briefing attorney has been much harder than I expected, but I'm sticking with it. I'm determined to make this career move work for me.

On a lighter note, Twenties Girl was an excellent read. The book is about a young woman named Lara (who is also facing plenty of frustration of her own) who is haunted by her recently deceased, great-aunt Sadie. Sadie passed away at the age of 105, but she went back to her 23 year old self, a crazy, free-spirited, 1920s girl.


Sadie has one last request before she moves on, for Lara to locate Sadie's beloved dragonfly necklace. The request turns out to be anything but simple. The book is full of humor and life lessons and will having you smiling throughout. I highly recommend it.

Here's hoping the rest of the week lightens up for me. You might hear me yelling if it doesn't. =)

1 comment:

Happy Healthy Runner said...

:) keep your chin up, it'll get better!!