Sunday, April 10, 2011

I sure could use a 3-day weekend right about now...


Another weekend over (boo!!!), and I was pretty productive after all. I'm down to a few boxes of books only, and those can't be unpacked until I get some bookshelves so at least I'm pretty much done with unpacking now. 

I've been trying to cook more at home and spend less at restaurants and drive-thru's. My boss is probably correct with the way grocery prices are going up, that you spend about the same amount of money eating out as you do on groceries and food prep (especially when you live alone), but I'm still trying to do more at home than I have in the past.

Last night I tried one of Banquet's Homestyle Bakes, specifically the Creamy Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and Biscuits mix. 



The meal was cheap, delicious, and more importantly, easy to make. I'll definitely be buying it again and trying the other varieties. I have plenty of leftovers. Add a few veggies, and it'd make a great sit-down, family meal.

I've also been collecting new recipes to try, and hopefully I'll have some time to try them in the next week or so. 

Today I went and bought a washer and dryer. Talk about a headache. I ended up paying for the machines themselves, installation charges, delivery charges, hose fees, sales tax, and probably more fees I don't know about. My entire tax refund went into this big, oh-so-exciting, adult purchase. Yuck. But at least I won't be blowing $40/month renting them from my apartment complex. I pay those people enough as it is each month. 

I've got another long, busy week ahead of me at work, but that's okay. I'd rather be super busy than the alternative. Hopefully I'll have some time to check in during the week, but if not, have a great week everyone!

No comments: