Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Roundup

I can't believe it's already April. This year is going by so fast. I wish it would slow down. I've already been in my new place for two weeks, and that doesn't seem possible at all.

I paid my first rent (ugh) and went to the grocery store yesterday. I absolutely dread grocery shopping. Most of the time I come out with things I didn't really need and without half of what I actually needed. This time, however, I did good. I spent under the amount I'd decided to limit myself too, and I bought plenty of easy dinners to make for myself during the work week. It's not always easy cooking for one, especially when you get home from a long day of work and stopping by a drive-thru on the way home to save yourself the time and trouble is so tempting, but I'm determined to spend less on take-out and cook for myself. Maybe I'll even have some recipes to post here from time to time.

I started reading Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey last night. I've been on a reading dry-spell for the last week so hopefully this turns that around.

I also ordered Bethenny Frankel's Place of Yes, and it should be here this week.


I adore Bethenny and can't wait to read her new book! I'm sure it's going to be full of good advice and stories. I'll have a full review of the book as soon as I finish it.

Tonight is Wrestlemania. Yes, I'm a big wrestling fan (and yes, I know it's fake). I watch all the WWE PPVs with some friends of mine and make a party out of it. It's a great break from all the stress in my life, and I'm really looking forward to tonight's show. I've got a full week in court ahead of me so it'll be just the relaxing, fun night I need.

No comments: