Saturday, June 18, 2011

Getting back in the swing of things...

Being gone for an entire week was much more draining than I expected and much less of the vacation I had hoped for. Don't get me wrong, I had fun, but it was a long week. If I had just been doing vacation things and things I wanted, that would be one thing, but I was in class every day from 8:30-4:30 and did not sleep well at all. You know something's wrong when you can't fall asleep on a hotel's "heavenly" bed.

The best parts of my week were getting to catch up with my college roommate one night, getting to know the other coordinators from my county better, and all the great dinners I had, which are thankfully being reimbursed by the conference group (yay!). Monday I had amazing Thai food, Tuesday I had dinner at Kerbey Lane with my roomie (gingerbread pancakes), Wednesday I had an insanely good burger with the other ladies at the Daily Grill (and it needed to be good for the $14 they charged for it?!?!), and Thursday I had awesome sushi with one of the girls. Being on a budget, it was nice to get to go out every night and know it'd be taken care of. I definitely enjoyed it while I could.

The hotel was very nice and relaxing (even if I couldn't sleep), and I loved the room and the bathroom.



Nice, right?

It was nice to get home though Friday afternoon. This weekend I'm all about relaxing and gearing up for my first day of work on Monday. I'm super excited about starting my new job and this new phase in my life. I know it's going to be great.

No comments: