Friday, June 10, 2011

Last Day

Last night I watched Hall Pass, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.



Starring Owen Wilson, Jason Sudeikis, and Jenna Fischer, we're talking laugh out loud funny for the majority of the movie. I haven't seen Hangover 2 yet, but Hall Pass is definitely as funny as The Hangover. And after a long, emotional week, laugh out loud funny was exactly what I needed last night. The movie's basically about a married man who gets a hall pass from his wife, granting him a week off from marriage and a chance to do whatever he wants for the week with no consequences. Things obviously don't go as planned, but they also don't happen like you'd expect either. I thought the movie was going to be stupid, but it was actually really, really good and I'm glad I stopped and watched it. 

So today was my last day of work at my current firm. It was sad, but it went much better than I expected. Other than dealing with a very crude defendant (why wouldn't my last client be over the top rude and crazy???) and a fellow lawyer who doesn't seem to have a filter from his brain to his mouth (and can't seem to shut his mouth to save his life and doesn't mind telling everyone everyone else's business no matter what it is), I'd say the day went pretty smoothly and quickly. 

And so I close the door on one thing and open the next one. And I can't wait to see where it takes me.

No comments: