Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Week Off

Since I'm not taking my laptop with me, there won't be any blogging from me until I get back next Saturday from Austin. I'm looking forward to the break. It's definitely a working vacation and just what I need before I start my new job. Once I get back and start at work, I know it's going to be crazy so I'm going to enjoy every second of this week away.

I never know what to pack when I'm going somewhere. I always pack too much, but I'd rather be prepared. Originally I planned on just bringing a hanging bag and a laptop bag (minus the laptop) for the paperwork I have to bring to the conference, but that's impossible for 5 days out of town. I'm still bringing way too much with me, but I'll feel better knowing I have too much instead of missing something I really need.

Besides packing today, I caught up on all the Real Housewives of New York episodes on my DVR. I don't even know where to begin about the ladies' Morocco trip. It wore me out just watching.

Tonight my plan's to get a good night's sleep, to finish reading Many Bloody Returns (a book of vampire short stories by the best vampire writers in the business, including Charlaine Harris and Rachel Caine), and to watch a little basketball. Go Mavs! Hope you all have a great week.

1 comment:

Happy Healthy Runner said...

I hope you have so much fun on your trip!! We need to plan something when you're back, brunch is good with me for sure one weekend!